Inspiration and Riding Things, Pt 1

Inspiration to write is hella weird. It can jump out of nowhere and bite you in the ass, it can wake you up from a dead sleep going, "WTF? Where is my notebook?" Or, inspiration can abandon you completely.

That really, really sucks.

I've been lucky the last few years that, by the time NaNo rolled around, I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted to do. Execution is pretty terrible, but at the very least I like what I have and do enjoy the process.

I go through a half-dozen plots every time, though. Some of them I still like, some of them are shelved permanently. A ton of them come from the Adopt-A-Plot thread on the NaNo forums, others come from watching movies, and some just pop up.

What I'm trying to say, I guess, is know that it's always around. Don't shut inspiration out, or, more importantly, NEVER IGNORE IT. Doesn't matter how dumb you may think it sounds, it's always worth it to keep that idea. Even the silliest idea can be expanded into something awesome if you feel up to it.

Which I'll talk about later. In the meantime...

I went to visit my mom a while back, and Katz went with me. Poor Red has taken to drinking to deal with Katz, and I wasn't going to leave them at both at home without supervision. The minions do not count.

While there...urg.


Katz: What is this magnificent creation?
Me: Nacho. That would be Nacho.


Katz: What sort of vehicle is named Nacho? I mean, I thought we had an animal thing going on...Warthog, Mongoose, Pelican....
Me: He...Katz, for the love of...Nacho is a cat. NOT a military vehicle.


Katz: I didn't know my family was multi-racial...
Me: What.
Katz: You just said he was a Katz!
Me: I SAID HE WAS A CAT. C. A. T.
Katz: But you said he wasn't a vehicle!
Me: For f...! You're doing this on purpose, aren't you?
Katz: So he's a tank?
Me: HE IS A PET CAT!
Katz: Ooohh...I could be like one of the purple elf things from your game!
Me: You aren't listening at all, are....what are you doing now?




Katz: It's a clever distraction.
Me: Where did you even find that? When did you have a chance to find that?
Katz: When you were freaking out about my new epic mount.
Me: Nacho will end you, Katz. He will absolutely end you. And I will just sit here and laugh.


Me: STOP HUMPING THE CAT, KATZ!
Katz: I'm not!
Me: Yes, yes you are.
Katz: Why do you always accuse me of humping everything? What have I done to deserve these accusations?
Me: Remember my lamp? And the fan? Or how about my yarn, or the X-box? Or that time with my cell phone, god, I put that thing next to my face, Katz!
Katz: I'll stop humping the cat.

Nacho, however, finally took offense.


Katz: What...what just happened?
Me: I believe you just got, in a language you would understand, pwned.
Katz: This hurt a lot less in my imagination.
Me: I'm sure it did.
Katz: Why is the mouse...
Me: Nacho is fixed. The mouse is teabagging you for him.
Katz: Oh. This is a lot less humiliating from the other side.
Me: I'm sure it is.

I did eventually throw the mouse, which caused Nacho to leave.


Me: So, what have we learned today?
Katz: Don't hump things bigger than me that have teeth and claws and mouse minions that smell like fishy death?
Me: Goddamnit Katz.


Katz: Hey, is that another one? I'm gonna ride it!
Me: You know what? Sure. Have fun with the paranoid, angry cat who only likes one person. I'm sure that will turn out just fantastic.
Katz: Awesome!

Bonus:
I wouldn't actually call this a bonus, but I wanted to make it clear...

Katz: Unf! Oh, x-Box 360, no one will ever love you like I do!

I wasn't joking about his...tendencies.

Comments

  1. This is another of those 3AM things, isn't it? LOL.
    (And yes, before you poke me about it, I will post more soon.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Paradise Fiber Club Box - June: Enchanted Forest

The Largesse Box: Part One

Magic, and the Orders of the Exodus Covenant