Paradise Fiber Club Box - June: Enchanted Forest

And now, we are caught back up to my latest box. Maybe the next box will get posted around the same time I receive it next month, but maaaan, I am not sure I'd hold my breath on that one. Ideally I'll be posting more about crafts and maybe getting the downstairs and craft room finally organized. IT'S ONLY BEEN OVER A YEAR SINCE I MOVED AND STILL I HAVE PILES INSTEAD OF A NICE ORGANIZED CRAFT ROOM.


Oh June box. You fill me with a vague desire to be productive which I know that I will not follow up on. Yet.



First look at the box, and then the view of the newsletter. Has a lot of information about the Ramie fiber included in this month's box, as seen in the box menu below:


We've got some purple!


Oh wow, we've DEFINITELY got some purple going on this month, wow.


First look at the contents of the box; I see something already that makes it worth summoning the Tea Cryptid forth to assist. The Tea Cryptid, if you haven't already guessed based on previous posts, is my housemate Kira.


First up, we have 5 oz. of Wisteria, which is a multicolored, dyed, combed top of *deep breath* 50% BFL, 25% Flax, 13% rose fiber and 12% bamboo. It's in a pretty, light purple organza bag. It feels interesting. I can definitely feel the flax in it - it's super distinct, and I wish I could find a good way to explain what it feels like - but the combo of the BFL (I love the stuff), rose fiber and bamboo keeps it from feeling quite as bizarre as the fiber that came in August 2019's box. I'll tentatively say I like it, and the colors, at least, are downright LOVELY. It's a good colorway.


Next up, in a light green organza bag, we have 2 oz of undyed Ramie Fiber, which is a bast fiber (quoting wiki for those who don't know what that is: "Bast fibre is plant fibre collected from the phloem or bast surrounding the stem of certain dicotyledonous plants. It supports the conductive cells of the phloem and provides strength to the stem.") It's produced from the pulp of the inner bark of the nettle plant stalk. It is very distinctly a plant fiber, and it's very interesting.

My brain kept going "Hey, you know the seven swan brothers fairlytale? If the shirts were made out of this they would have been DAMN fine shirts."

I know, it's a weird thought.


Here we can see the goodies for this month! There is a lil plastic treasure chest I'll get to in a moment, but aside from that, we have a Kindness notebook, a wooden twig pencil. and a bag of Pukka Organic Herbal Tea, which is our obligatory sacrifice to the Tea Cryptid.


Inside the little treasure box is roughly 5 grams of Angelina in what I am pretty sure is the Violette color (I did later confirm this by googling what the other color option looks like. DEFINITELY not this color.) Lastly, we have a handmade "faerie dust" progress keeper/stitch marker which I recruited the Tea Crypid to help display since I have shaky hands and a kinda terrible phone camera.


All in all, a nice box once again. I might not use a few things (*coughthepencilcough*) but the rest is quite nice, and has a fiber I've not gotten to fondle before, which I always enjoy.

I've been thinking about making a little display for all the special stitch markers I've gotten in my Paradise Fibers boxes, but I'm not 100% on it yet. I'm running out of space to display my smaller collections, after all!

If you want to sign up for the Paradise Fibers fiber box, you can do so by going here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magic, and the Orders of the Exodus Covenant

The Largesse Box: Part One