Paradise Fiber Club Box - August: A Pop Art Fiber Adventure

No super hype leadup this month, sorry, I've been super sick all through July and I'm just starting to get my enthusiasm back. However it does make the box anticipation all that more tolerable, when it's hardly there.

Well, at least until the delivery notification showed up - then I got a little hype. :D

That means, however, that I get to go into this month totally blind! No hints, no nuthin! It's nice.


This month guest starring my mom's house, her...appropriately themed carpet, and Nacho.


First view of the open box!


In high school, my design class did an entire stint on the pop art style. That was the first thing that came to mind when I opened this puppy up. Nostalgia???


Info about this month's fibers. Might be a touch hard to read.


The "menu" for the month, with my fat finger blocking the exclusive codes.


Nacho broke in here, as he needed attention. Gaze upon his sweet orange face, and my momma's obnoxiously bright rug.


The box! Lovely and neatly packaged, as always. First thing - what is it I spy wedged in the back behind the mixed fiber?


It's a synthetic fur pompom! I squished this for a little longer than is probably healthy, before moving on to the little pink bag in the front corner.


This month's sticker - Andewe Warhol - and some banana Pez.

The Pez did not last long.

Now, into the fiber! First, the "Diamond" blend - 3 oz of a 25% Nylon. 75% Merio fiber mix.

25% OF SHIMMERY GLITTERY NYLON. Very, very pretty. The glitter of it has a lot more color to it than this picture makes it look; I adored it and mom and I fondled it while admiring it for a bit before moving on to the "Warhol".


3 oz of 25% Flax, 25% Mulberry Silk, and 50% Merino sounds INTERESTING. And it WAS. The flax brought this bizarre, rough texture to it... I dunno how to spin this, but it's going to be weird when I do. It's SUPER pretty though.

It made mom think about Ursula, despite the pop of teal.

Mom commented that the mulberry silk looks like the silver skin you find under the skin layer of animals and I can't stop thinking she's right. Thanks mom. Now I'm going to make a murder blend sometime with meat colors and white mulberry silk.


So that's it for this month! It's a little light on the extras this month, but I think the fiber more than makes up for it - it's wild and and a little confusing to my grabby hands. That flax is so weird.

If you want to sign up for the Paradise Fibers fiber box, you can by going here. You have until August 10th to sign up if you want THIS box.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Paradise Fiber Club Box - June: Enchanted Forest

The Largesse Box: Part One

Magic, and the Orders of the Exodus Covenant