Paradise Fiber Club Box - September: Tutti Frutti Collection

Heyo. This month was another instance of "opened the package on time and took photos, but stuff happened and I didn't feel up to writing a post until just now." Near the beginning of the month, our 20lbs of sweet orange drool, floof, screaming and love was taken from us.

It's been hard. But my last memories of him are good, so even though it still hurts - and always will, since we had him for twelve years - I'm slowly recovering.

I just miss him. Visiting over at mom's is never going to be the same.

Anyway. On to the opening. As you can see, we have another bag this month because they squeezed in a lovely 8oz of fiber again. Love that, even though the bags don't stack as nicely as the boxes do for storage. Alas, crafting problems.

The newsletter for this month! Lots of neat information about one of the featured fibers, but also about the glory of baby camel down and a little about weaving plaid patterns!

MENU. Look at that ridic featured fiber. Nine fibers in there!


Coming out of a purple organza bag that photographed like SHIT is 2oz of Tutti Frutti, a heathered blend of bulky carded Corriedale fleece in what I think is the shade Forest Fruits. I could not get this to photograph properly for the life of me, I think the red-purple contrast was too much because it kept blowing out the colors. The fiber is nice, pretty typical for Corriedale fleece roving.

 Honestly I had a lot of color issues this month because my new phone refuses to let me manually color correct. So I end up with stuff like the next two pics, where one is blown out and the other is, thankfully, pretty accurate.


The featured fiber this month! 6oz of Pumpkin Spice, 65% a blend of Merino in six colors, 25% a blend of two contrasting shades of baby camel down, and 10% viscose tweed. Obviously with that combo, it feels pretty damn nice. I'm not a fan of tweed, but for this one, I'll make an exception.

Goody bag time!

Our goody bag contained:

1. 1 handmade pumpkin spice stitch marker/progress keeper which is tiny and cute as all hell.

2. 1 "Cappeweccino" coffee sheep magnet, which, man, there hasn't been a magnet since the Game of Thrones box and I loooove it.

3. 1 Pumpkin Spice STASH tea bag. Not sure if this Tea Cryptid tribute or if I'mma drink it myself yet.

Here have a close up of the stitch marker because it is adorable.


 All in all, another respectable bag with a great deal of lovely fiber. I wish my camera had cooperated more, but... at least I took pictures.

If you want to sign up for the Paradise Fibers fiber box, you can do so by going here. I again posted to too late to get this month's box-bag but YOU STILL HAVE TIME FOR NEXT MONTH MY FIBER LOVING DUDES.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paradise Fiber Club Box - June: Enchanted Forest

The Largesse Box: Part One

Magic, and the Orders of the Exodus Covenant