Paradise Fiber Club Box - April: Let Them Make Yarn


It's that time again! And by "that time" I mean it's time to get caught up on three months worth of fiber boxes I haven't opened.

I've been pretty meh since the pandemic started, so working my way through these... well, obviously you can tell it hasn't been happening. But that's okay! It means that when I DO get to it, I get to have a nice time opening a BUNCH of boxes all at once.

Moving on, we get into the box to find that it already has a nice, subdued look with this off-tan, flowery wrap. Admittedly, when I first got into it, this box seemed kinda...light? Or, not light, but the contents didn't take up much space. THERE IS A REASON FOR THAT, I FOUND.


But really quick, below you can see this month's newsletter:






















And then we're right on to a closeup of the menu for this both. Promising stuff already visible, though it looks like Paradise isn't able to do their normal collectable vinyl Ewenice sticker this month, presumably due to the quarantine, based both on the story, and the fact that, you know, it's kinda hard to get things like that made with a QUARANTINE.


With the wrapping pulled away, we reveal... some shiny, satiny bags, which we know are going to be chock full of goodness.



First up, we have a pretty pink satin bag, and inside...ooooh man, inside we have 2 oz of Angora Wool.

I swear this is the softest fiber I've gotten since the Baby Camel months ago. It's like...

You know when you look at a cloud, and it's soft and fluffy and you know that shit is soft as hell, but then you realize a cloud is just super jumped up fog, hanging out with a bunch of other fog?

Yeah? Well this stuff feels like what a cloud looks like it should feel like. I invited the Tea Cryptid down to touch, and she IMMEDIATELY rubber her face on it. DUDE. My fiber, MY FACE ONLY ON THE FIBER. Getchur own.

*COUGH* Moving on...

Next up, we 4 oz of Rambouillet Wool top. I don't think I've gotten any before, but it's quite nice, though pretty much any fiber is going to be SLIGHTLY disappointing after getting to fondle a great big handful of freaking ANGORA.

That said, it's a nice fiber, and I enjoy the feel over several other types of wool I have. Additionally, it has this nice, soft white-natural color that I enjoy.

Next up, we have the accessory goodies.


First up is a spool (550 yards) of plying thread in a soft baby blue almost the same shade as the bag with the Rambouillet. I am not likely to use this for plying, because HAHAHA PLYING. It's probably just going into my modest collection of thread until I start sewing again.

Next up we have the last little set of goodies.















Inside, we have a Fortnum and Mason Queen Anne tea bag - a blend of assam and ceylon tea, which was promptly surrendered to the Tea Cryptid. She'll have to get her own damn blog up and running eventually, because I've given her SOOO MANY teabags to try.

We also have a flower bead threader, a handmade fabric flower progress keeper and a whole pile of faux pearl beads that I have put in a medicine lid for display. I would hesitantly call their color "cold-water mermaid".


A closer view of the last three goodies.


All in all, a nice box, but those two oz of angora definitely elevated it's quality. SO SOFT. I might hold on to this until I get more super soft fiber, then mix it with that baby camel after dyeing it a nice, gentle complementary color. Man, I dunno. I just want all the softest things.

If you want to sign up for the Paradise Fibers fiber box, you can do so by going here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paradise Fiber Club Box - June: Enchanted Forest

Magic, and the Orders of the Exodus Covenant

The Largesse Box: Part One