Crafty Crap Update: Hats and and Supply Runs

Last month, I decided to was time for MOAR HATS.

 
So I went to see momma and her beautiful sewing room so I could efficiently cut out the pieces for some more damn hats. Yay! I have the stuff for two ready to go once I stop being a lazy fucking uncreative bum.

Then I went SHOPPING for SUPPLIES!
 
Above are my handstitching supplies for the aforementioned hats. A nice, heavy silk thread in (you can't tell because my light sucks) white, cream and black. I was so tempted to color match but... even black thread is kinda rare in period so I just said screw it, simple colors are FINE. 

Also I gave in and got some marking chalky/waxy not chalk/crayon things. Maybe my hand stitched seamlines will be less atrocious this time.

 
 Next, I got a crapton of PAINT (and paint adjacent supplies) and I guess a RULER which I keep forgetting about even though it's RIGHT THERE.

I'm pretty sure I don't have enough black paint but stupid Michaels LITERALLY had THAT ONE bottle left so I have to go hunting for more once a run out. Which is a PAIN.

I MIGHT have enough white. Maybe. Wood like to slurp paint so we'll see.
 

I didn't buy this! This was a prize from when I went to visit the momma. The stepladder (my step dad, the reason we call him ladder is ancient and literally boils down to "autocorrect made an oopsie in a text and it was so amusing to me I kept saying it") provided me this delicious sanding block for all my shitty wooden box sanding needs.

So yeah, there is sort of progress on my craft projects! I am at least acquiring the goods!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paradise Fiber Club Box - June: Enchanted Forest

The Largesse Box: Part One

Magic, and the Orders of the Exodus Covenant