Just Some Quick Drop Spindle Painting Spam

Literally just dropping a bunch of whorl pics!

The silver on the cat painting should have been a bright metallic teal-blue, but alas, apparently putting it on raw wood just turns it a patchy, unsatisfactory silvery color.

Cats look much better in this light! I am surprised by how much I like the An Tir populace whorl, but the derg and the spiral are pretty meh up close. Still, I'm sure someone would like them! The Celtic one was also successful, but very flat.

Green Celtic (I started making more of my favorites at this point, can you tell?) in flat, before the sides have been painted.

Green is still flat, but you can see how I went in and added highlights on the red with my orange paint, since pink would have looked weird. I wish I had enough colors to do shading to give it serious dimension, but alas, I am limited by the tools I have.

Green with highlights! It'a amazing how much of a difference they make!

I started doing some prep and painting for some bottom whorls too!

Can you tell I really liked the populace badge checky pattern? Also some new Celtic-y ones make an appearance.

After punching a hole in my hand, I'm going to swap over to screwing in hooks instead of carving them. Ouch. At least for now.

It'll make the creation of the whole spindles go MUCH faster.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magic, and the Orders of the Exodus Covenant

Paradise Fiber Club Box - June: Enchanted Forest

The Largesse Box: Part One