Paradise Fiber Club Box - June: The Great Outdoors

I've been compulsively checking the shipping information since the notification dropped on the 4th. Originally, it was scheduled for the 8th - THE PAIN, THE SUFFERING - but my obsessive checking soon revealed it would be here a DAY EARLY. HELL YEAH.

You don't even know how hype I've been for this. And how hard it's been to resist spoilers - I let myself see the packaging vid on the Paradise Fibers Instagram, so I know there is lilac wrapping paper, and I caught a glimpse of someone referring to "exotic fibers" before I exited the page frantically.

Then I pretty much refreshed the USPS tracking page over and over. And harassed Tak at home to just make sure that it hadn't come yet. (Admittedly, I really was worried that it would get soaked because we've been alternating sun with torrential downpours and thunder today.)

But the hideous temptation of this...
ALL THOSE POTENTIAL SPOILERS, AUUUUUGH. I keep nearly clicking, but NO. I WILL RESIST. I WILL BE STRONG. I. WILL. NOT. SPOIL. IT. FOR. MYSELF.

Eventually, just before I got home, the package did in fact show up - which was nice because otherwise I was going to be staring out the window, waiting like a lonely dog.


KNIFE.

The first peek!

Ahhh, it's so lovely! A scent immediately wafted up, but for some reason I couldn't place it immediately - I felt stupid about that within a few moments.

Putting aside the list of contents (left) and the info sheet for this month (right), it was time to start delving into that lovely lilac-print paper to see what goodies were in store!

So green!

Yes, I somehow didn't recognize the scent of freaking LAVENDER. This is an Organic Lavender Month-Be-Gone stash protector. Also known as a lavender sachet.

Our Paradise Fibers sheep sticker - this month's pun: Wildeweness.

Oh? What could this be?

Ironically I was just looking at Country Classic acid dyes today! This little sample is in Mountain Aqua and I could NOT BE HAPPIER. This will be FUN.

Next, a tiny bag caught my attention. I popped it open, and what did I find?

Tasty S'mores taffy, and the CUTEST LITTLE STITCH MARKER. It's a little vial full of bright green moss, and is so cute! I probably won't risk using it personally, though - I'd likely break it. Still, I love it and will put it up somewhere safe.

Also I ate the taffy. It was delicious.

That leaves...two bags of what have to be this month's fibers!

I go for the larger of the two first.

Oooooh and it's four ounces of Polwarth top! So soft, so nice! I love Polwarth, and this is a delight - I already know what I'm using that dye on!

Time for the smaller bag! What could it possibly be?

Oh hey there was a tiny bee in my bag!

But. Also. THIS. TWO OUNCES OF BABY CAMEL DOWN AND TUSSAH SILK. It's so soft and light and SOFT AND AMAZING. I want everyone in the world to be able to touch this. I am going to carry it around and say, "Hey, reach into this bag," to strangers, and once they stop being creeped out, they are going to reach in and be all, "Holy shit, did you somehow put pure essence of SOFTNESS in a bag and where can I get some?"

Yes, it's that soft.

The list!

And that's June's box. I wish you could reach through the screen to fondle that camel/silk blend, it's the most incredible fiber I've ever touched - and I've touched a lot of freaking fiber.

Overall, I loved it! And if you want to sign up for this fiber box, you can by going here. You have until June 10th to sign up if you want THIS box.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magic, and the Orders of the Exodus Covenant

Paradise Fiber Club Box - June: Enchanted Forest

The Largesse Box: Part One