Paradise Fiber Club Box - July: Somewhere Over The Rainbow

Okay so I started writing this post a little (A LOT) early this month because Paradise Fibers is A HUGE TEASE and I needed SOMEWHERE to flail about my anticipation.

First, they posted this in their Ravelry group:
That link, for the record, leads here.

So that has some PRETTY DANG STRONG IMPLICATIONS. I discuss the box with my coworker, and we were bouncing rainbow? Wizard of Oz? SEEMS LIKELY?

Then, on the 28th, a little e-mail caught my attention...

Oh my. MOAR HINTS???
OH LAWD ALL THEM HINTS.

So. EIGHT dyed fibers and an undyed fiber. My money was on rainbow by this point, but I wouldn't put it past Paradise Fibers to like, mash the two implied concepts together into one GLORIOUS box of goodies - I'm sure it would be easy enough to have Oz-themed rainbow colors; yellow brick road, Emerald City, and that's just me plucking the lowest hanging fruit, there. 

But yeah all that aside I'm already plotting potential spins involving rainbows. (Clouds and rainbow  w/light blue "sky" as the second ply, y/y?)

I finally got shipping notification on July 5th, and I saw updates to the spoiler thread on the Ravelry group - I THOUGHT I WAS STILL SAFE BUT NO. I escaped before I saw anything beyond "Emerald City" but the result was still going from "patient waiting" to "jittery because I need my fiber box fix". This sort of thing is why I end up buying bags of fucking mill ends to draft rolags out of. I have a problem, and that problem is fiber.

As the weekend progressed, spoilers were TORMENTING ME. On Ravelry, on Instagram, on Facebook, even my Youtube feed betrayed me. It's ridic. I now pretty much am aware the the theme DOES seem to be Wizard of Oz and I have caught glimpses of the semi-expected rainbow.

Those damn spoilers. :C

CUT TO THE DAY IT ARRIVED. AKA TODAY. AKA CHEK IS A WRITHING MASS OF IMPATIENT EXCITEMENT DAY SO MY SUFFERING CAN END.

Yes I need to lay off the capslock, I am fully aware.

ON TO THE UNBOXING.

BOX

OPEN BOX! Immediately the newsletter is visible, and was to be set aside for the moment... but as soon as I removed it, I found a postcard?

What? It's 100% not addressed to me, and does not seem like it goes with anything else, so my confusion is understandable. I'm going to look into it, but tentatively I am suspecting that someone else's letter somehow slipped into my box while it was shipping. (After writing this I went and finally watched the ChemKnits opening, and confirmed that this was not supposed to be included, as I suspected. The mystery!)

The mystery set aside for the moment, it was time to dive into the box!

My heart is already all a pitter-patter at those COLORS. And don't think I didn't see that cute little gingham bag.


First up is 2oz of Rosemere, which is literally Cashmere and ROSE FIBER. It's silky, but not the softest thing - but still pretty damn nice.

It also comes with an adorable, sparkly silver heart.

If it wasn't so cute, that joke would hurt. :)
So taking a moment to admire the rose - or I suspect, POPPY petals strewn though the box, and to admire the scent; according to the list, it's "Poppy Fields" by Scentsy. It's quite mild - not my favorite, as it reads as generic floral to me, but it's not bad.



Next up is the most exciting bit - 4oz of 'Chunky Chromatic Carded Corriedale'.

It is LOVELY shade, though it's not super soft - Corriedale just isn't - but I suspect blended  or plyed with the Rosemere this has a lot of potential to be so nice.

The top row of colors - the blues and purples, are so my jam, I love them. They remind me of my hair when the dye was fresh, actually, which again, totally my jam.

As noted, there is a total of 4oz, so for the less math-inclined, that's 1/2oz of each color.




Now, we're on to the blue gingham bag, which contains the sticker for this month - The Wizard of Ewez - a yellow brick road stickmarker, and ...oh. Skittles.

I love Skittles.

MOVING ON.


The "menu" with the code discreetly covered by a Skittle. Please note the info at the bottom in case you wanna get in on Tour de Fleece with Paradise Fibers.





Also including the newsletter itself - some neat ideas available this month.

(Seriously, look at that shawl, it's gorgeous. => )

Apparently the Skittles are for dyeing - neat! I saw Chemknits do a candy dye a while back, and she's since done one specific to this box for making a speckled Skittles yarn!

I should save these and try that!

...Nah.

If you want to sign up for this fiber box, you can by going here. You have until June 10th to sign up if you want THIS box.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paradise Fiber Club Box - June: Enchanted Forest

The Largesse Box: Part One

Magic, and the Orders of the Exodus Covenant