Paradise Fiber Club Box - February: Sweetheart Tweed Collection

Here we are at last, almost totally caught up! We're only a single month behind as I type this post while riding the train. Which, so, so the record. I don't like typing on my phone on the train. SO many spelling errors. I'll double check before posting, but no promises I caught them all.


It's February, if the inside of this box is not pink in some way, shape or form, I am going to be somewhat disappointed. Not because I particularly like pink, but because it's the gold standard for Feb themes. It'd be weird to be something not at least a little pink, right?


That works.

So, those little conversation hearts seem to be this month's theme, which is kinda adorable and not really what I was expecting?

I like it though! Creative and not just pink for the sake of pink!





A short menu, but it looks pretty promising.


There we go, there is the hearts and pink I was waiting for. Bravo. Also I figured out that I was on the wrong white-balance for pictures in my room about this point, so, uh, yeah. The pics get less orange from here.


Oh! Cute! And look at those little heart confetti things up in the corner.


A view of the inside of the box and packing, along with this month's "Bee Our Vewelentine" vinyl sticker collection.


Starting with the goody bag this time around, it's a cute lil thing.


Inside, we have some MORE TEA FOR THE TEA ADDICT, some handmade goat-milk and wild honey soap (oooh), a little pink gummy bear stitch marker... and what do I spy, but another lil' secret bee?!


Our fiber this month is 6 oz of the Sweetheart Tweed collection, 1 oz of each of six colors, which you can see the names of in the inset picture because I am not typing them all out, sorry. These are Superwash BFL/Sari Silk/Faux Cashmere in a 50/40/10 blend.

Tweeds are odd. I never know how I feel about them, since I am not that great at spinning and some part of me always quails at the idea of lumpy yarn, and the whole POINT of a tweed is to be a little lumpy, though in an attractive way.


This sweet collection of tweeds is super, super soft and lovely, though, so I will undoubtedly gird my loins and make something out of it eventually. Dunno if I'd use these for blending on their own, but maybe I'll get inspired.


I'd call this box a little on the lighter side of content, though it did not slack on quality - which admittedly it pretty much never does, at least that I've seen so far, even on the boxes I've liked least. It was nice to not just get a lovely-dovey Valentine's box with a pile of pinks, though this might have also been a good Easter-time box, since, you know, pastels are permanently associated with Easter in my brain due to CAPITALISM! (the same way I was expecting pink.) 

Good job being on <3 theme but defying my immediate expectations, Paradise Fibers!

If you want to sign up for the Paradise Fibers fiber box, you can do so by going here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paradise Fiber Club Box - June: Enchanted Forest

Magic, and the Orders of the Exodus Covenant

The Largesse Box: Part One