Paradise Fiber Club Box - December: Star Wars


Continuing our adventures in opening old Paradise Fiber Club boxes, we have at last reached December of 2019! Burning through these puppies fast now, just a few more boxes left to open until we're back up to date!


Oh ho! I recognize that style! It's apparently Star Wars month! 


Sure enough, Star Wars is the theme this month. 





I really want to get to the point where I can do good colorwork. Some of these ideas and patterns are awesome.


A very intriguing menu this month.


Okay, the droid hat patterns are pretty adorable. 


SPARKLY.


Oooh. And yeah okay that "Ewok" bag is an attention-getter, but man I gotta say it SHED ON EVERYTHING. On my bed, on my pants, on the other fiber...


Leading with the goodies this month, we have some STASH Peppermint tea - a sacrifice to the tea-addicted roommate, iia, iia! Also in the goodies is the monthly exclusive vinyl sticker - "Darth Vadewe", and a glow in the dark, lightsaber progress keeper. I would have charged it and taken a glow pic, but none of them came out looking good. I'M SORRY I TRIED. :>


Fluffy, but sheddy. Still, the aesthetic makes it... worth it?


We start with 2 oz of "Chewbacca Fleece" - 100% Hilltop Farm Huacaya Alpaca fleece, which feels exactly like I imagine Chewbacca would feel like, though the idea of like, extensively fondling a Wookie like this implies was a little unsettling. As does the idea of shearing a Wookie. A Wookie fleece? Eeek, the concept boggles the mind. 

Also, like, I sort of started imagining this was Bigfoot fur too, but since Wookies are space-Bigfoot, that seemed like an okay association to make for someone who lives in the Pacific Northwest.


You can tell I was already eager to get my fingers into this bag.


This is 2 oz of Swamp Baby, a baby Alpaca/SF Merino/Mulberry Silk (35/40/25) blend. It feels GOOOOOD and the colors are lovely. I'd be okay with chilling in a swamp this pretty.


Detouring away from fiber, we have...a faux fur pom. I feel like it's a reference based on the box menu, but I don't follow the current Star Wars lore. It does, however, look and feel like someone ripped the tail off an Ewok which again, unsettling in a funny way?


OKAY GUYS I LIKE GOLD AND THIS IS VERY GOLD.


Gold and pretty! This is 2oz of Golden Droida, a baby Alpaca/SF Merino/Eri Silk (35/40/25) blend. It's pretty close in feel to Swamp Baby, but I'd give it a half-point more on the "rub on my face" scale of fiber softness. It's also lovely in shades of yellow, cream and almost an umber  shade. Very nice, very well named.


I liked this box. It felt light, but only when you don't think about the fact that this one came with a whopping SIX OUNCES of fiber! That Wookie-Bigfoot fur is going in some blending experiments for sure, though, mmmm delicious blending. I don't have much alpaca so it will be nice to play with it!

If you want to sign up for the Paradise Fibers fiber box, you can do so by going here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paradise Fiber Club Box - June: Enchanted Forest

Magic, and the Orders of the Exodus Covenant

The Largesse Box: Part One